Bear 5 years old - black male

In loving memory of the German Shepherds we have known and loved. May they rest in peace.

Moderator: gsd-mad

Re: Bear 5 years old - black male - IN FOSTER

Postby nat » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:35 pm

I met Bear today and he seemed like a lost soul, very quiet in comparison of the other dogs Rex and Chloe who loved playing together. After introduction through the gate, I went to meet the dogs and they came towards me to get a stroke.
Rex and Chloe loved the tuna cake but Bear was not interested, he was not hungry again today. We played with balls and he was interested to join in and run after the ball so hopefully will be hungry tonight after the exercise!
He seems like a sweet boy who is really bewildered of losing his home. It is fantastic for John to have him back. He was really obedient to John, coming when being called and sitting when asked (see the video below).
He was very friendly with me and just wanted to get a cuddle. I feel very priviledged to have met these 3 lovely dogs.

A few videos (click on the link):

Meeting the dogs at the gate : video1
First stroke of Rex : video2
Rex and Chloe - Love is in the air! : video3
Bear comes for a stroke : video4
John showing off! Very Obedient dogs: video5

Pictures will come little by little when I have time to sort them out...so keep an eye out.
nat

Postby nat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:33 pm

I feel so sorry for Bear. He is so sad! I hope he is eating properly now. Hopefully he will perk up a bit now that he is out of kennels and in familiar surroundings.

Sad face

Loving cuddles

Getting to know other residents : Rex and Cloe

Sitting why ?...best to lay down
nat

Postby yogibear » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:09 pm

I got to meet this boy today. Ooooh, he's lovely!! He's obviously doing much better now he's at Hotel Uncle John but is clearly still very bewildered as to why he's no longer with his family.

I'm a huge fan of the older dog and this chap is no exception. Definitely a lovely dog to give serious consideration to and pop him in the back of your car and take him home with you!!
yogibear
Site Admin

Postby biggsd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Bear had visitors on Thursday not to take him home but to help me with my garden, My 2 nephews thought he was the bees knees especialy when he kept picking up there gloves and other small tools and running off with them.

Theres a home out there for EVERY dog
john@biggsd.com 01932 571268

http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurrey.c ... ption-form

KT16 Chertsey
biggsd

Postby Woof! » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm

He, he, he!!! You rascal, Bear! Hope you are feeling much happier now, with the wonderful care of Uncle John xx

Doyle loves to put his ball into our bucket of weeds, or the box of tools...
Woof!

Postby Mary PDS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Thank goodness................Bear I looked into your soul............
Mary PDS

Re: Bear 5 years old - black male

Postby Mary PDS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Beautiful Bear, I took this big bundle of fur for a little time off lead, boy does this lad like to play............he is not at all food motivated but does like to play and this boy despite his size can move.

Looking a whole lot better, John has done a terrific job, Bear likes to do things his way, a truly lovely dog, would be suited to a laid back owner who is not precious about too many commands and just wants a faithful friend to share his/her life with.
Mary PDS

Postby Mary PDS » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Well what a cheeky chap Bear is becoming, he has a grace about him, no longer worried or scared and took treats from me today.

After a short walk he made himself comfortable on the office floor front paws crossed and supervising as we came in and out.............a sneaking look when he didn't notice revealed Bear relaxed and snoozing, like he owned the place, delightful.

Think I am starting to understand this boy a little better now I have got to know him more...............he's a dog who like to think he's in charge, does not like to be told what to do and will resist if he feels your putting him under
pressure................however, if you work with this boy, don't lock horns, make him feel it was his decision.............oh what a big beautiful beauty...................cute, adorable but becoming naughty.............love it ;)
Mary PDS

Postby yogibear » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:11 am

I've got a huge soft spot for this boy! There's something about him I find totally irresistible! I think it's his single mindedness that I find so endearing. He's definitely the sort of dog I could quite happily take home with me! Bless him :lol:
yogibear
Site Admin

Postby Mary PDS » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Still waiting.
Mary PDS

PreviousNext

Return to In loving memory